OnePlus X is one of the best Smartphone of its time, now you can enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo features by installing a custom ROM. Well, we are talking about Lineage OS 15, which is mainly based on newly released the Android Oreo OS, for OnePlus X. This custom ROM will make this device new again with lots of amazing features of Android Oreo.
As per as details, this Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus X is developed by a well known XDA developer, YumeMichi. The description explains that the ROM is very much stable for normal use, however, it may contain some bugs. There are few features which are missing in this ROM but these missing features would be added via future updates/upgrades.
Things to Keep in Mind Starting Installation Process:
- This ROM is specially designed for the OnePlus X, hence trying to install on other devices is dangerous and you may end up damaging that device.
- This ROM is based on Android 8.0 and may contain some bugs.
- Changing ROM deletes all the data of the device, hence it is mandatory to create a backup file of all your data.
- Make sure that your device is at least 60 percent charged. If not, charge it first before going into the installation process.
- Follow each and every step of installation very carefully. We don’t take responsibility for any damage to your device.
Features Won’t Work or Have Issues:
Almost every Android 8.0 feature is working in this Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus X, except for few, which is device depended.
Download Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus X
- Download Lineage OS 15 – Download
- Download Lineage OS 15’s GApps – Download
- Download Magisk (optional) – Download
- Download and install any custom recovery to your device. If your device has it already, skip to step 2. We are here using TWRP custom recovery.
- Download all the zip files – Lineage OS 15 for OnePlus X, GApps and Magisk and transfer them into device’s external storage.
- Now, start the installation by booting your device into recovery mode. To get into recovery mode, press Volume Down and Power button simultaneously, after switching the device off.
- Now, you are recovery mode, in TWRP, you are advised to create a NANdroid backup, in case anything goes wrong while installation.
- Once done, reboot to bootloader.
- Now, flash Vendor Image file and then reboot again to Recovery mode.
- Now, you have to do the factory reset your device, to wipe your all present data. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data and confirm the selection by swiping.
- Once done, navigate to the Lineage OS 15 zip file and start the installation by swiping. Once the installation is completed, flash the GApps zip file.
- Now, you can also flash Magisk zip file, if you want. However, this step is completely optional.
- Again go to Advanced Wipe and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache again.
- Once done, reboot your device.